Visions, Aims and Values
Our school will be a place of excellence where every young person achieves and reaches their full potential
- To provide the best possible education and experiences to develop the whole child during their time at Wyvern Academy.
- We aim to promote self-discipline, self-confidence, motivation, aspiration and excellence in learning to assist pupils to become independent and self-sufficient adults, who will succeed and contribute positively in their local and global communities.
- We will maximise student achievement through the effective use of teaching and learning facilities.
- We aim to offer an appropriate and relevant curriculum, responsive to the needs of all students.
- We intend that there will be no gaps between those children disadvantaged and the rest either in attainment or opportunity.
- We aim to provide a welcoming environment based on trust and mutual respect, where students feel valued and feel they belong.
- We will promote equality and celebrate diversity.
- We aim to create a safe, secure and happy learning environment for our pupils to enable each child to achieve their full potential personally and educationally.
- We aim to create a community where the values of truth, honesty, forgiveness and reconciliation are lived and where there is special care for those most in need.
- We will work in partnership with families to ensure that they are an integral part of their child’s education and build positive relationships with our families and the wider community.
- We will provide a diverse range of extra curricular opportunities and experiences for all our young people to maximise talents and develop creative and social skills.
- We aim to foster the values of responsible citizenship in a democratic society by:
- providing opportunities to exercise responsibility and leadership
- making students aware of, and encouraging them to form views on a range of political, social, moral and spiritual issues
- encouraging students to understand and tolerate the views of others