Careers programme at Wyvern Academy
At Wyvern Academy we believe that a good programme of Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) has a positive impact on students – giving them the skills, knowledge and understanding to manage their own life-long learning and career development specifically
- to develop themselves and their aspirations through careers and work-related education
- to find out about careers and the world of work, building strong connections with employers
- to develop skills for career well-being and employability
Our whole school approach to careers is guided by the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Information for Post-16 providers
We are keen to develop links with local post-16 providers to give our students a wide variety of careers experiences throughout their five years at Wyvern.
Our Careers Evening, held annually in the autumn term, is an opportunity for universities, colleges and other post-16 providers to meet students and discuss any suitable opportunities individually.
We also welcome visits from University staff to support us in our work to raise the aspirations of all our students.
If you or your colleagues would like to support us with this important work or attend our Careers Evening, please contact our Careers Lead, Cath Gibbins firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical and Further Education Act 2017
Under this legislation we are required to ensure there is an opportunity for a range of education and training providers to access students during the relevant phase of their education for the purpose of informing them about approved technical education qualifications or apprenticeships.
Please see our Provider Access Policy for further information.
Careers Lead Cath Gibbins is our middle leader with responsibility for Careers. She is available throughout the year offering support to pupils in all year groups and their parents. She can be contacted through school reception on 01325 351377 or by email: email@example.com