At Wyvern Academy we believe that a good programme of Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) has a positive impact on students – giving them the skills, knowledge and understanding to manage their own life-long learning and career development specifically
- Develop themselves and their aspirations through careers and work-related education
- Find out about careers and the world of work, building strong connections with employers
- Develop skills for career well-being and employability
Our Careers Lead, Cath Gibbins, is available throughout the year offering support to pupils in all year groups and their parents. She can be contacted through the school reception on 01325 351377 or by email: email@example.com
Our whole school approach to careers is guided by the eight Gatsby benchmarks of Good Career Guidance.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Full details of our work can be found in our Careers Policy.
Here are some useful tools to help students research their career aspirations
All pupils have an account on Kudos an excellent on-line portal with lots of information about careers and routes to achieve them.