Throughout your time at Wyvern you will study Careers Education in a variety of ways including
- work done in PSHCE lessons and form time
- STEM (Science, Technology, Maths and Engineering) activities and competitions
- activities provided by employers and other agencies
- work linking careers to the different subjects you study
- year 10 students have a mock interview with staff from local colleges. In year 11 pupils have a mock interview with either a local employer or college staff.
- in year 11 all students have an individual interview in with our Careers Adviser who will make sure you have the information you need to make decisions about what to do when you leave Wyvern. You will also have support when choosing your GCSE/BTEC options at the end of year 9.
- Careers Evening for students in years 10 and 11 and their parents/careers held in the autumn term each year.
You can also ask for an appointment to discuss your career plans at any time. Just contact our Careers Lead, Cath Gibbins firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some useful tools to help students research their career aspirations
All pupils have an account on Kudos an excellent on-line portal with lots of information about careers and routes to achieve them.