|Pupils will follow the two-year Edexcel GCSE (1-9) Mathematics course. The GCSE specification in mathematics provides a broad, coherent, satisfying and worthwhile course of study. It encourages students to develop confidence in, and a positive attitude towards mathematics and to recognise the importance of mathematics in their own lives and to society
The specification does this by enabling students to:
1. develop fluent knowledge, skills and understanding of mathematical methods and concepts
2. acquire, select and apply mathematical techniques to solve problems
3. reason mathematically, make deductions and inferences and draw conclusions
4. comprehend, interpret and communicate mathematical information in a variety of forms appropriate to the information and context.
|The content is taught under the heading of
· Structure and calculation
· Fractions, decimals and percentages
· Measures and accuracy
· Notation, vocabulary and manipulation
· Solving equations and inequalities
|Ratio, proportion and rates of change
Geometry and measures
· Properties and constructions
· Mensuration and calculations
|Consists of 3 x 1 hour 30 minute papers, each containing 80 marks
The qualification will be graded and certificated on a nine-grade scale from 9 to 1 using the total mark across all three papers where 9 is the highest grade. Individual papers are not graded.
Foundation tier: grades 1 to 5.
Higher tier: grades 4 to 9 (grade 3 allowed).
|Further information can be found using the link