Throughout your time at Wyvern you will study Careers Education in a variety of ways including:
- work done in PSHCE lessons and form time.
- STEM (Science, Technology, Maths and Engineering) activities and competitions.
- activities provided by employers and other agencies including Darlington Foundation for Jobs, ECITB, Darlington Cares and other organisations that offer careers workshops, activities and visits to the workplace of local businesses.
- work linking careers to the different subjects you study.
- year 10 students work with staff from ESH Group and other local employers building CVs, making presentations, staying safe on-line, learning about Health and Safety and interview techniques. At the end of the year students have a mock interview with a local business.
- all year 10 students take part in a one-week work experience placement.
- in year 11 all students have an individual interview in with our Careers Adviser who will make sure you have the information you need to make decisions about what to do when you leave Wyvern. You will also have support when choosing your GCSE/BTEC options at the end of year 9.
- Careers Evening for students in years 9, 10 and 11 and their parents/careers held in the autumn term each year.
You can also ask for an appointment to discuss your career plans at any time, just ask Mrs Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some useful tools to help students research their career aspirations
National Careers Service